Weekend at home

 We didn’t do a ton this weekend. I did manage to get us out for two walks on Isaacs Ridge with the girls.  Sweet Lauren always says yes when I ask to go on a walk.  She says half because she wants to and half because she doesn’t want me to be lonely. Today I managed to get both girls to go on a walk with me.  It was a good one.  


This is just as we were leaving for a walk.  We saw lots of Rosellas and a mob of kangaroos.  At one point in the walk we actually had to turn around and walk the other way as two big kangaroos did not seem to like us walking too close (or how loud certain members of our party were).

A couple of Roos taking notice to us in a way that made me nervous


Some of their mob

Here are more sights that can be seen on our walks through the reserve that is just behind the house (I will never grow tired of this, so I will likely post too many pictures of it):




Here is a picture of the girls playing a game Caitlyn says is called “Dr Needle Bum” much like Rock Paper Scissors.  Dr beats needle (by breaking it), needle beats bum (by giving shot), bum beats Dr (by farting in face).  Not sure if this is actually and Australian game she learned or just something weird a weird kid made up and taught her.  It is pretty funny though.  I’m sure we ruined the ambiance of nature with all the fart noises and giggles:


The other thing we did this weekend is go to a fresh food market.  We had a really good time wondering around the market.  We got a huge bag of grapes for next to nothing because the grocer was trying to unload them.  They were pretty tasty, so I’m glad we took him up on it.  We also got some really good freshly made donuts that I sadly forgot to take a picture of.  Here are some photos from the market:


We learned they call cantaloupe “rock melon”


I thought this was random/weird. It isn’t even beer.

This shop randomly had a lot of American cereal. We couldn’t see if any of it was within date, so we passed on buying any.

Cereal is actually something that we’ve noticed a difference with here.  They definitely have less sugar in them. The girls are having a hard time adjusting to that.  The microwave oatmeal also has less sugar in it too.  We parents think that is a good thing.  The kids, not so much. 


Comments