Thank You Australia

Today Shannon and the girls will say goodbye to Canberra as the three of them prepare to move back to Maryland. We are heading back ahead of Mike to get the girls ready to being 6th and 9th grades. 

It is going to be very hard to say goodbye (hopefully it is just see you later) to Australia. This has been an absolutely incredible 2.5 years for us all. We are so thankful for this opportunity and all we were able to do and see together as a family.

First trip to Tidbinbilla in 2022

It is really hard to sum up all the fun we have had in Australia. But we will try. Below are some pictures of some highlights from our time here:


Rottnest

quokka- what mike calls a rat with good marketing

Bicheno, Tasmania

Australia Rock, Narooma

Blue Pool, Bermagui

Fiji

bottle feeding joeys
                                         
Great Ocean Road
Matilda's world cup match
Hobbiton, North Island, New Zealand

                                         
Mt. Cook, New Zealand

Morekai Boulders, New Zealand

about as far South as we will ever be

Milford Sound, New Zealand

Queenstown, New Zealand
Chiang Mai, Thailand

                                                 
Steve Irwin's Zoo (Robert Irwin doing dumb things with crocs)
Lady Elliot Island
Just the view from our neighborhood

                                                                                                                       
Uluru

                                                                            



Shannon-

My favorite trip we took over the past two years was our trip to Lady Elliot Island. We really lucked out and the weather was perfect. The water was warm. The plane flight was smooth. And the the trips to see the reef were amazing. I have never seen so many different fish. And we saw sea turtles! So cool. 



I am going to miss many, many things here. My favorite bird is a Crimson Rosella. We are lucky because we pretty much have daily visits from these beautiful birds. 

It is amazing here because there are just flocks of beautiful birds basically everywhere you go. It has almost turned me into a bird person. I am definitely leaving Australia with more bird art than I ever expected to won.

I will miss the flora of Australia as well. There are so many different and interesting plants here. I love taking walks in our neighborhood and just seeing the variety of native plants.

I will miss the beauty of Canberra. There are just a lot of places to get a nice view of different parts of the city. I will also very much miss the weather here in Canberra. It not all that unlike Albuquerque. You get all four seasons. It is not humid. We lucked out and it didn't get too hot here or too cold here. It is basically perfect (even if all the Australians tell you it is too cold). 




I will also miss the lack of traffic here, and the very polite drivers. It has taken some getting use to driving at exactly the speed limit, but it sure seems normal now.

I will miss the coffee. It is so much better here. It will be hard to go back to drinking American coffee.

I will greatly miss the Australian people. They are so kind and funny. I love their accents and some of their unique sayings. I will miss both my American and Australian co-workers quite a lot. 

It is definitely hard to say goodbye. 100% suggest everyone come visit this beautiful nation.


Caitlyn
I will miss Australia because overall its been very fun and I've had a great time here. It's hard to pick a favorite vacation because all of them were so fun, but if I had to I'd pick Lady Elliot Island. Lady Elliot Island was so fun because we got to snorkel, see manta rays, see an octopus, and even go on a small plane again. I also loved New Zealand especially because that's where I celebrated my 13th birthday. 

I will miss the dry heat because I really hate it when it's humid. I will miss the pretty birds like rosellas, and the cockatoos even if they're very very annoying. I miss how nice everyone is and their accents and how they spell things weird. I will miss all my friends very much. Overall Australia has been such a great experience.

Lauren- My favorite trip to New Zealand, because we saw so many things there. It was a lot of fun zorbing and taking a boat ride and swimming, and the animals there were really cool. It was also fun to be able to do all of this in an RV. The Sky  Tower was really cool since it  rotated, and I loved the caves where we  got to see glow worms and stalagmites and stalactites. 

I will miss Warehouse Circus here and the beautiful birds. I will miss the people here because they are so nice, and the mountains that you can see all the time. I will miss the flora and fauna here, and I recommend coming to Australia.




















Comments